Learn how to make a Papaya Chia Turmeric Jam
Howdy beautiful people,
How are you feeling today? Having a little down? Did the rain and the high humidity put you under the weather as well?
This easy jam recipe is a great mix of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory food while tasting amazing and adding a bit of sweetness to your life.
Try it for yourself at home and let us know how you liked it.
How to make a delicious healing super Papaya Chia Turmeric Jam
Delicious even if you don’t have a cold!
Makes 2 cups
What you need
- 2 cups chopped fresh non GMO papaya
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds***
*Turmeric is a spice that has been used traditionally in India as disinfectant and treatment for laryngitis, bronchitis, and diabetes. Curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is the most active constituent of turmeric. Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
**Cinnamon is another powerful spice that has been used medicinally around the world for thousands of years. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, immunity-boosting and much more.
***If anything is a superfood, it’s chia seeds. They’re packed with omega-3 fatty acids, rich in fiber and protein, and most important for our jam making purpose- they turn any liquid into a thick gel.
- Prepare the papaya: peel, remove seeds, chop into small pieces. Add grated turmeric and canella.
2. Cook the fruit until it starts to break down and become syrupy (20 – 30 minutes): Set over medium heat. Mash the fruits if you like with a potato masher.
3. Stir in maple syrup (or honey) and lemon juice: off the heat. Taste and add more if needed.
4. Stir in Chia Seeds. Let stand until thickened.
Add more chia seeds if fruits were very juicy or if you like a thicker consistency.
5. Transfer to a jar once the jam has cooled to room temperature. The jam will thicken and become more set once completely chilled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ et voila ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn’t wait and had to try it right away while it was still warm!
A good book, a hot ginger tea, a delicious snack; the perfect combination to recover from a cold during a rainy day.
Mmmm delicious. bon Appetit!
To ensure that our minds and bodies are open to working with all of the elements of nature, we need to become mindful of the importance of food for vitality and the benefits of achieving a more spiritual understanding and self-awareness.
There is no doubt that Fitness, Yoga, Ocean activities like Stand up Paddling or Surfing and food are synergistic. By incorporating natural and powerful food into our lives, we benefit more than we might with a single practice.