BUTTERFLY EFFECT CABARETE
A Stand Up Paddle/ Windsurf / Kitesurf Event
June 29th, 2019
Join us for the 11th Annual Butterfly Effect event in Cabarete, Dominican Republic! The Butterfly Effect is an event to celebrate and encourage women to participate in water sports, learn about the local culture and to give back.
The event day will consist on the annual non-competitive downwinder and party. We invite everyone to come out for the week leading up to the event for all the pre-event activities.
EVENT SCHEDULE ~ JUNE 29th – Event Day
8:00 am: Check in (Organize gear and beach registrations) at Lifestyles Holidays Hotel in Cabarete.
9:00 am: Course Meeting + Yoga
10:15 am: Transfer to Rugama Tours on the River in Islabon
11:00 am: Paddle starts
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Arrival at La Boca ~ Refreshments & Snacks provided
1:30 pm: Launch Kites/ Windsurfers
Transfer SUP Boards and non-downwinder participants back to Millennium Resort and Spa*
2:30 pm: Downwinder Arrivals at Millennium Resort and Spa
2:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Pool Party at Millennium Resort and Spa
7:30 pm – 11:30 pm: Benefit Dinner & White Party at Lifestyles Holidays Hotel in Cabarete (for MEN and Women)
Day time Main EVENT entry fees: 45 USD
Evening Benefit DINNER & White Party with DJ Onno (open Bar): 40 USD
What’s included in the Day EVENT registration:
- Gift Bag.
- Free ticket to the Brunch at Aqua when you participate in the beach cleanup.
- Free Entry for Girls under 10 paddling on their parents board.
- Event Transportation.
- Snacks/ Hydration.
- Pool Party.
What to bring on day of the event:
- All equipment must be brought to Lifestyles Holidays Hotel
in Cabarete and loaded by participant to launching location.
- Trucks will be provided for transport.
- Event Tank must be worn during morning activities and Yoga.
- Event rashguard must be worn in the water.
- Sunscreen (we encourage reef safe ).
- Smiles and Aloha vibes! : )
** All gear must be rented and arranged by each participant, not by event organizers**
- Kite/wind Board, paddle, leash, pfd (have your gear checked by a professional before).
- SUP boards available for rent at Vela Cabarete (35 USD). All benefits goes to the DREAM Project. Contact Audrey to reserve your boards (limited boards available) or reserve online HERE
Optional Event Week Activities
PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT TERMS AND PRICING FOR THESE ACTIVITIES
Tuesday, June 25th
- SUP tour to Playa Caleton
- $ 60 US covers transportation and paddleboard rental (limited spots available).
- Anyone including friends and partners are welcome to attend. Please contact Audrey or Michelle by June 24 at 12pm if you wish to attend. Participation is limited!
Wednesday, June 26th
- Tip Top Catamaran Sunset Cruise
- $25 US covers transport to and from Sosúa, cocktails, and gratuity for the boat staff
- Anyone including friends and partners are welcome to attend. Tickets for non BE participants at $35US. Please reserve your spot by June 25 if you wish to attend. Participation is limited! Reserve HERE
Thursday, June 27th
- Registration Night 6 pm – 9 pm at LAX / OJO
Friday, June 28th
- 8am Beach Cleanup at La Boca – All members of the community are welcome to help us! Location of pick up to be determined.
- 10:30 am Women in Leadership Brunch at Aqua, restaurant at Millennium.
- Anyone including friends and partners are welcome to attend. Please contact Audrey or Michelle by June 27 at 7pm if you wish to attend. Participation is limited!
Saturday, June 29th ~ Event Day ~
You will receive your Goodie bag, Thursday June 27th at OJO starting at 6pm. You can also register the same evening.