We just hosted an amazing two days Kite surfing Clinic with epic wind and waves conditions in Cabarete, the DR.
The group was small but very fun and allowed everyone to spend a good time and learn a lot about waves riding.
“Learning to read and understand waves takes a lot of experience and practice”
Audrey has been surfing waves on all types of boards (kite, surf, SUP, windsurf, and foil) for more than 15 years.
She used those skills to teach proper technique through correct body and kite positioning.
Bellow are the areas we focused on. Maybe something you could work on?
- Surfboard stance: feet placement and body position.
- Basics of turning around on a surfboard: jybes and tacks.
- Reading and understanding waves: how waves break (right, left, close out), peak, lip, tube, white water, impact zone, face shoulder.
- Right of way on waves.
- Bottomg turn and Cutback breakdown.
- Kite positioning
- Wipeouts – How to safely and effectively retrieve your board.
Cabarete offers perfect conditions for Kiteboarding all year round.
The fun of Kitesurfing is that there is always something to learn and to improve. Every wave is different; that’s what makes the sport so fun and exciting !!!
Audrey’s coaching specialized in waves riding can help you get your wave riding level to the next step.
“Awesome kitesurfing clinic!! My riding has already improved and I have a much better understanding of what to do, when to do it, and why. I also have much information to apply as I continue to progress.”
“I recomend Audry because she is a strong woman and she can do all cabarete water sports. Her instructions are pretty clear, she is pacient and model well the tecnics.”
“Audrey’s clinic was super informative and highly useful. She breaks down the skills, specifically the cutback, in a super easy to understand format and consistently checks for everyone’s understanding. The balance of time between theory lessons on shore and application on the water is just right and allows for plenty of time to get feedback. I really wanted to learn specific skills for riding waves - timing, cutbacks, bottom and top turns, etc. and I got loads of useful information which I can now go practice on my own! She’s super friendly, approachable and very, very knowledgeable. Loved it!”
“Besides being a great teacher and motivator, she has more patience than is humanly possible. Thanks for introducing me to wave riding. Now I’m a surfer chick!”
“I gained a ton of insights from Audrey helping to improve my kite, board and wave selection skills. It was a cool group and a relaxed and fun vibe focused on learning.”
“Audrey Meyer est une athlète accomplie. Elle possède entre autre toutes les compétences requises pour amener ses élèves à un niveau supérieur dans plusieurs domaine dont le kitesurfing. Professionnelle, tri-lingue et organisée elle sait comment transmettre ses connaissances de manière clair, précise et avec beaucoup de générosité .”
Looking to join Audrey's next Kitesurfing exclusive Camp and improve your wave ridding? Subscribe now and be the first to know. Limited places!
Are you eating healthy, natural food, drinking plenty of water and getting 7- 8 hours of good sleep ? That’s great !
Now are you aware of WHAT you are putting onto your body?
What you put ON your body is as important as what you put IN !
Most of the industrial deodorants (and other beauty products) have nasty ingredients – which I can’t even pronounce – deterring the environment and also your own health!
You can read more about the 515 chemicals women (and men!) put on their bodies every day. It’s scary ! READ MORE
Women, men, kids, it’s not ok to use those toxics ingredients because they are in tiny amount! Each of us is using ten or more products a day, reapplying quantity over a lifetime. And that adds up !!
So here is my toxin free alternative!
My BLOSSOM Natural Easy Home Made deodorant Recipe:
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- couple drops of your favorite essential oil
Mix coconut oil and baking soda in a medium size bowl. Mash it together with a fork until it’s very combined. Top it all off by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil such as lavender, peppermint, or rose.
I enjoy lavender essential oil. It is a nostalgic fragrance for me because it reminds me my childhood summers in South of France. But lavender is one of the most powerful remedies in the plant world, offering both physical and emotional relief.
Pour your mixture into a clean, dry reusable jar.
Et voila! Enjoy a natural deodorant that will help you stay fresh all day and clear from cancer causing ingredients.
Audrey from BlossomFitLife
A Stand Up Paddle/ Windsurf / Kitesurf Event June 29th, 2019
Join us for the 11th Annual Butterfly Effect event in Cabarete, Dominican Republic! The Butterfly Effect is an event to celebrate and encourage women to participate in water sports, learn about the local culture and to give back.
The event day will consist on the annual non-competitive downwinder and party. We invite everyone to come out for the week leading up to the event for all the pre-event activities.
Cabarete Butterfly Effect is made possible by a great community! Thank you for all the love and support from all of these companies as well as all the friends and family.
EVENT SCHEDULE ~ JUNE 29th – Event Day
- 8:00 am: Check in (Organize gear and beach registrations) at Lifestyles Holidays Hotel in Cabarete.
- 9:00 am: Course Meeting + Yoga
- 10:15 am: Transfer to Rugama Tours on the River in Islabon
- 11:00 am: Paddle starts
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Arrival at La Boca ~ Refreshments & Snacks provided
- 1:30 pm: Launch Kites/ Windsurfers
- Transfer SUP Boards and non-downwinder participants back to Millennium Resort and Spa*
- 2:30 pm: Downwinder Arrivals at Millennium Resort and Spa
- 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm: Pool Party at Millennium Resort and Spa
- 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm: Benefit Dinner & White Party at Lifestyles Holidays Hotel in Cabarete (for MEN and Women)
Day time Main EVENT entry fees: 45 USD
Evening Benefit DINNER & White Party with DJ Onno (open Bar): 40 USD
Registration for Day EVENT includes:
- Gift Bag.
- Free ticket to the Brunch at Aqua when you participate in the beach cleanup.
- Free Entry for Girls under 10 paddling on their parents board.
- Event Transportation.
- Snacks/ Hydration.
- Pool Party.
What to bring on the day of the event:
- All equipment must be brought to Lifestyles Holidays Hotel
in Cabarete and loaded by participant to launching location.
- Trucks will be provided for transportation.
- Event tank top must be worn during morning activities and Yoga.
- Event rashguard must be worn in the water.
- Sunscreen (we encourage reef safe ).
- Smiles and Aloha vibes! : )
** All gear must be rented and arranged by each participant, not by event organizers**
- Kite/wind Board, paddle, leash, pfd (have your equipment checked by a professional before).
- SUP boards available for rent at Vela Cabarete (35 USD). All benefits go to the DREAM Project. Contact Audrey to reserve your boards (limited boards available) or reserve online HERE
Optional Event Week Activities
PLEASE INQUIRE ABOUT TERMS AND PRICING FOR THESE ACTIVITIES
Tuesday, June 25th
- SUP tour to Playa Caleton
- $ 60 US covers transportation and paddleboard rental (limited spots available).
- Anyone, including friends and partners are welcome to attend. Please contact Audrey or Michelle by June 24 at 12 pm if you wish to attend. Participation is limited!
Wednesday, June 26th
- Tip Top Catamaran Sunset Cruise
- $25 US covers transport to and from Sosúa, cocktails, and gratuity for the boat staff
- Anyone including friends and partners are welcome to attend. Tickets for non BE participants at $35US. Please reserve your spot by June 25 if you wish to attend. Participation is limited! Reserve HERE
Thursday, June 27th
- Registration Night 6 pm – 9 pm at LAX / OJO
Friday, June 28th
- 8 am Beach Cleanup at La Boca – All members of the community are welcome to help us! Location of pick up to be determined.
- 10:30 am Women in Leadership Brunch at Aqua, restaurant at Millennium.
- Anyone including friends and partners are welcome to attend. Please contact Audrey or Michelle by June 27 at 7 pm if you wish to attend. Participation is limited!
Saturday, June 29th ~ Event Day ~
You will receive your Goodie bag, Thursday, June 27th at OJO starting at 6 pm. You can also register the same evening.
Kombucha is a fermented drink that has been around for centuries made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast.
This beverage called the “Immortal Health Elixir” by the ancient Chinese is attributed to several health benefits.
Kombucha is a powerful antibacterial agent because of the type of bacteria found in it. Drinking the live cultures actually destroys bad bacteria responsible for infections.
We love to drink Kombucha, it support a healthy gut, it’s loaded with vitamins B, it has a good source of antioxidants, probiotics and glucaric acid AND it’s an healthy alternative to sodas and other junk drinks.
That’s my pink (strawberries Kombucha). Read bellow how to make it yourself.
Benefit of Kombucha
- Liver detoxification
- Improved pancreas function
- Increased energy
- Better digestion
- Improved mood (helps with anxiety/depression)
- Reducing Candida (yeast)
- Helps nutrient assimilation
What you need to make Kombucha
- a starter Culture (also known as a SCOBY, or Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast, or mother)
- green or black tea. See picture bellow.
- white sugar (substitutes sugar like stevia and xylitol do not work, because the sugar is the food for the bacteria).
How to make Kombucha
- Prepare green or black tea and combine the sugar until dissolved in a glass jar.
- Cool the mixture to 68-85ºF and remove the tea bags (or strain the loose tea leaves).
- Add an active kombucha SCOBY with some starter liquid from a previous batch to the tea. If the SCOBY is not the same size as the container, don’t worry, it will grow to fill the container as it ferments.
- Cover the jar with a tight-weave towel or coffee filter and secure with a rubber band (to protect it from insect falling in).
- Allow the mixture to sit undisturbed at 68-85°F, out of direct sunlight, for 7-30 days, or to taste. The longer the kombucha ferments, the less sweet and more vinegary it will taste. I like to keep mine fermenting for more or less 2 weeks. I would taste it and if it’s too sweet, I would give it more days to ferment.
- Once at your taste, pour finished kombucha off the top of the jar into airtight jars or bottles for consuming.
- Add fresh or frozen fruits to flavor or enjoin plain. I love ginger/lime, or strawberries, or blueberries but you can really add anything once the SCOBY is taken away. Do not add fruits or juice in the jar with the SCOBY, it would kill it !
- Cover tightly and let sit an additional 1-2 days until carbonated.
- Store in the refrigerator in airtight containers.
Good nutrition is about looking better, feeling better, perform better, live better and just be better overall.
Milk kefir is a fermented milk drink and true superfood. As a result of the fermentation, very little lactose remains in kefir.
We love it and we have some every morning for breakfast.
Everyone will benefit from the spectrum of nutrients found in milk kefir. In addition to probiotics, this includes vitamins B, K, biotin, and folic acid. Read more about the benefit of Milk Kefir here
The first thing to know about milk kefir is that you need a culture (kefir grains) to make it and that getting a culture is well worth it, even if you have to buy it. We have a lot to give away for FREE, so give us a shout and we’ll be happy to give you some.
Although they’re usually called grains, these little guys are actually SCOBYs or symbiotic communities of bacteria and yeast.
HOW TO MAKE MILK KEFIR
- Get the grains.
- Place your kefir grains into a jar, with 3/4 of chosen milk.You can make milk kefir from just about any kind of milk. We like to use full fat milk.
- Cover with a cloth and a rubber band to keep it safe from pests. The kefir likes to breath and be in open air.
- Let your jar sit at room temperature away from direct sunlight for 24 hours .
(pic above, shows kefir already fermented and ready to be strained after 24 hrs).
- Strain kefir (as pic pics bellow) into a jar through a fine-mesh strainer. You should see the kefir curds drop into the bowl and the grains remain in the strainer.
When kefir has been fermented for a while, it begins to separate. The clear liquid is kefir whey, a magical substance that you can use to ferment other things that may not readily ferment (fruit chutneys, condiments, etc). If you want it to get back to a drinking consistency, simply stir it up using a non-metal implement. We use a chopstick.
- Save the grains and place them into a new jar (pic bellow). Cover in milk (last pic) and repeat process above. Your kefir grains will multiply with every batch so Share with your friends.
- With the strained liquid in the bowl, transfer it to a clean jar and enjoy it or store it in the refrigerator until use.
If you need to take a break, put the grains into a jar of cold milk and place in the fridge for a up to a week or so. They will hibernate without suffering any damage. When you’re ready for more kefir, reintroduce them to new milk at room temp and resume the process.
GLOBAL SISTERHOOD circle March 8th 2017
Join us at 8 am in the morning
at Villa Taina, up stair (Yogaloft)
to celebrate Global Sisterhood.
It is a meditation and celebration event. (No experience required.)
This will be our first circle to join in the global event, in peace, and connection with all our sisters.
Blossom’s vision is to empower women. If you embrace oneness and want to encourage your sisters with your presence than join us on Wednesday March the 8th.
We will be doing some empowering Pranayama (breathing) for opening your heart center, and Asana (postures) with breath to build your courage, energy, and attract love.
Then we will close our circle with a meditation to realize your power as a woman, honoring the light within while expecting Miracles. The power of now.
Transforming ourselves we transform the world at the Global Sisterhood : International Women’s Day 2017
Join us at 8am at Villa Taina, up stair (Yogaloft) to celebrate Global Sisterhood. It is a meditation and celebration event FREE. (No experience required.)
After the circle, do join Audrey on the mat for a Vinyasa Empowering Yoga CLASS at 9am (at extra cost).
Honoring the Light within while expecting Miracles…
Howdy beautiful people,
How are you feeling today? Having a little down? Did the rain and the high humidity put you under the weather as well?
This easy jam recipe is a great mix of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory food while tasting amazing and adding a bit of sweetness to your life.
Try it for yourself at home and let us know how you liked it.
How to make a delicious healing super Jam
Delicious even if you don’t have a cold!
Makes 2 cups
What you need
- 2 cups chopped fresh non GMO papaya
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds***
*Turmeric is a spice that has been used traditionally in India as disinfectant and treatment for laryngitis, bronchitis, and diabetes. Curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is the most active constituent of turmeric. Turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence.
**Cinnamon is another powerful spice that has been used medicinally around the world for thousands of years. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, immunity-boosting and much more.
***If anything is a superfood, it’s chia seeds. They’re packed with omega-3 fatty acids, rich in fiber and protein, and most important for our jam making purpose- they turn any liquid into a thick gel.
- Prepare the papaya: peel, remove seeds, chop into small pieces. Add grated turmeric and canella.
2. Cook the fruit until it starts to break down and become syrupy (20 – 30 minutes): Set over medium heat. Mash the fruits if you like with a potato masher.
3. Stir in maple syrup (or honey) and lemon juice: off the heat. Taste and add more if needed.
4. Stir in Chia Seeds. Let stand until thickened.
Add more chia seeds if fruits were very juicy or if you like a thicker consistency.
5. Transfer to a jar once the jam has cooled to room temperature. The jam will thicken and become more set once completely chilled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ et voila ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn’t wait and had to try it right away while it was still warm!
A good book, a hot ginger tea, a delicious snack; the perfect combination to recover from a cold during a rainy day.
Mmmm delicious. bon Appetit!
To ensure that our minds and bodies are open to working with all of the elements of nature, we need to become mindful of the importance of food for vitality and the benefits of achieving a more spiritual understanding and self-awareness.
There is no doubt that Fitness, Yoga, Ocean activities like Stand up Paddling or Surfing and food are synergistic. By incorporating natural and powerful food into our lives, we benefit more than we might with a single practice.
Join us BLOSSOM
Dream ~ Passion ~ Experience , because we are all great women …
Today is Mother’s day but let’s make this day a bit special for all women and thank each of them for their unconditional love.
Because Women are a sister, an aunt, a mom, a daughter, a teacher, a preacher, a friend, a companion, a desire, the soul behind everything we view, the venus who has the strength to walk the fire, to heal and feel. We will stand tall, no matter what comes our way. Scars and Wounds, will not pull us down.
We would like to celebrate this special day with “She is the Ocean” a documentary about great women who live the spirit of sea. Remarkable women who all share one thing in common: a profound love for the sea, a love so profound that they have all chose to make it the center of their physical, philosophical and professional lives.
I AM A WOMAN OF THE SEA. NO ONE OR NOTHING WILL EVER CAGE OR ENSNARE ME.
“I have been here since time began. Without me all the riches in the world are nothing. And I hold in my heart and in my bones a spirit that matches the power of the ocean. She is a sister to me, the ocean. Since the dawn of time, I have been compared to her, named by her, I have been a symbol for her and she me. I have been the subject of countless superstitions, mysteries and hopes and dreams and impossible journey’s. I am as deep as her, as bountiful as her, as strong. When I am with her she is with me“… READ MORE
Dedicated to all the lovely ladies.
Unleash Your Inner Goddess, reclaim your Energy & find your Glow!
Join our next Blossom Retreats and tap into your power as a woman in addition take time to pamper yourself in an enchanting environment that will revitalize your body, mind, and spirit. read more …
Perfect for absolute yoga, paddle boarder beginner and solo travelers. Our mission is to facilitate the fulfilment of your full potential and to have a ton of fun along the way.
Health and Wellness Fair:
Wellness is considered to be “an active process of becoming aware of and learning to make healthy choices that lead toward a longer and more successful existence.” BlossomFitLife
Cabarete Health is happy to invite you to their FREE event at FRESH FRESH Cabarete to meet some of the most amazing HOLISTIC HEALTH PRACTITIONERS and Services/Products supporting Healthy Lifestyle this Saturday 6th February 2016 from 12pm to 4pm. Such a great event not to be missed!
Cabarete is a small town on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. But something is happening…Through the years, people from all over the world gather to Cabarete with the purpose of living the healthy lifestyle under the tropic. This week those health practitioner are getting together to introduce you to the second Health and Wellness Fair.
Raise your awareness:
You will also have to opportunity to listen to FREE Healthy talk such as:
12:30 “Relationships and their impact on health and wellness” with lovely Susy Giddy and Cabarete Life Coaching.
1.10 pm “I Have A Dream” with amazing Alita Akashi and Raiz Herbal Remedies
Creating awereness and raising global consciousness. The story of my journey as an herbalist, through the magical world of medicinal plants and the arts of healing.
1.30pm “Leaky Gut and it’s relation to Autoimmune Disease” with Holistic Dr. Gideon Plaut
1.50pm “The Importance of Maintaining Proper Spinal Function” with Cabarete Chiropractic John
2.10pm “How To Ignite Your Passion & Become Your Most Vibrant Self” with Beautiful Ariel Richards Holistic Health
Learn what it means to lead a truly holistic life. Ariel shares her story of becoming a Comprehensive Health Coach and what it takes to start over, take control of your own health, and start living your most authentic life.
3.10pm “Introduction to Reiki” with fascinating Nelsy Aldebot
It even gets better and more excited as there will be a charity raffle where you can win fabulous and pampering prizes from Blossom and other practitioners. So see you SATURDAY at 12pm at Fresh Fresh Cabarete!
Spread the lOve of WELLNESS and share this post with a friend <3
At Blossom, we have the perfect gift for you and for your loved one.
Seasons Greetings! Be prepared for the coming festive season, with our gift cards.
GIFT CARD FITNESS COACHING
Become a better paddle boarder, kitesurfer, windsurfers and surfers.
Achieve your personal goal, perform at your top level & go beyond your limits. Look good, feel strong and healthy, ready to hit the water!
US$ 50 instead of US$ 60
GIFT CARD STAND UP PADDLE BOARD – YOGA CLASS
Come and try the new fitness trend combining paddle board and yoga. Try our first ever, floating yoga/fitness class which combines the basics of stand-up paddle boarding with the strength, flexibility and relaxation components of Audrey’s popular Fitness Yoga class.
US$ 30 instead of US$ 35
GIFT CARD KITEBOARDING LESSON
Dare2fly Cabarete offers beginner and advanced lessons in group and private for everyone who would like to get hooked to the sport.
US$ 130 instead of US$ 160
Add US$ 10 per hour for private lessons
GIFT CARD KITEBOARDING DISCOVERY
Dare2fly will show you how to master the art of kite flying and get you hooked to kiteboarding in no time with this discover kite lesson.
US$ 20 instead of US$ 30
GIFT CARD WINDSURFING COMPLETE COURSE
6 hours windsurfing lesson (2 hours/day in the morning) with equipment with Vela Cabarete
PLUS including 3 hours of practice after the lessons
PLUS 50% off on equipment rental for 3 days after the lesson
US$ 120 instead of US$ 140
GIFT CARD / WINDSURFING LESSON
2 hours introductory course with Vela Cabarete PLUS including 1 hour of practice after the lesson.
US$ 40 instead of US$ 50
GIFT CARD to use in our Vela shop
Gift card available on all the gear in the shop, kite, kite boards, surf boards, SUP boards, accessories, fashion.
US$ 25, US$ 50, US$ 75
Hurry UP !!! Offre limited and available till December 23rd.
Get your Gift card. Available on ALL our activities:
-Paddle board – Yoga – Fitness Class
and on any article of your choice in our two shops.
Contact us for reservation